Friday, November 07, 2008

Blade Runner - Yeah, it's an old movie, but...

As as an aspiring Industrial Designer, one of my many inspirations was the movie "Blade Runner" by Ridley Scott and starring a young Harrison Ford. I moved it up on my queue on Netflix recently because I felt I needed to revisit why it was such a significant movie to designers and futurists alike.
Apart from the social commentary of the early 1980’s predicting our dismal future (pre-destined??) the artwork and design to create the vision of this environment was exceptional. Syd Mead’s illustrations of this world helped this movie become the "quintessential industrial design movie" for many of us. By the way, what the heck happened to Sean Young!?

References:
www.sydmead.com
www.bladerunnerthemovie.warnerbros.com

No comments:

 

This site is best viewed with Firefox.