Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Architectural Elegance.


It is interesting to see when famous architects try to translate their signature aesthetics to product design. Case in point is this Wyborowa vodka and its gift case designed by well known architect Frank Gehry. Mr. Gehry is well known for his ground breaking designs of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao Spain and Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angles. With twisting forms and angles, the bottle and gift case mimics Gehry’s style. Looking at both pieces, I am more drawn to the gift case than the bottle. Maybe it is due to twisting forms of the wood and its handmade quality, also it just looks different then what I normally see in packaging design. I would like to see both pieces in person but I haven’t had any luck finding it. I have checked out a couple of big liquor stores by me but no luck.

Image courtesy of Wyborowa vodka

No comments:

 

This site is best viewed with Firefox.