Monday, September 29, 2008

Vintage Starbucks


I recently visited Seattle and went to the first Starbucks at Pike’s Market. Being an avid coffee drinker, I had to go to see where the retail phenomenon started. The store was very similar to the mainstream roll out in terms of colors, textures and overall feel. The original Starbucks logo still hangs in triplicate outside the shop and is in my opinion much better than the more common one we all know.





Repetition turned up a lot in my visit early Friday morning to the market (the Starbucks store, a gourmet food shop for example). I arrived there before it was actually open but noticed the cues everywhere as the vendors were setting up. Just a reminder that this simple design element creates visual interest and relevance in large-open areas. Even with coffee beans and salmon – presentation is everything!

No comments:

 

This site is best viewed with Firefox.